Since different teams sometimes collaborate, it’s a matter of time before the situation arises when a group on HipChat needs to talk to one on Fleep.
In this post, I’ll show you how to set up a real-time, bi-directional HipChat-Fleep integration.
Assuming you have have memberships in relevant rooms of both teams, you can open a Sameroom Tube. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Add your HipChat and Fleep accounts to Sameroom
- Step 2: From the Open-a-Tube page, select your HipChat room as Side A and Fleep room as Side B *
* Tubes are commutative: A↔B is the same as B↔A
Once the Tube is live, all messages and files posted in a HipChat room will be copied to a room in Fleep, and vice versa.
If you don’t have access to the other team’s chat, you have to create a Portal:
(I’m assuming you have access to Fleep and the other team is on HipChat—swap them, if your situation is the opposite.)
- Step 1: Add your Fleep account to Sameroom
- Step 2: Create a Portal by selecting your Fleep room
- Step 3: Send the Portal URL to someone on the HipChat team
Once they accept, you’ll see the resulting Tube on your Manage page, with the the other team’s side grayed out.
Both HipChat and Fleep have some limitations when working with Sameroom—see our Limitations page for details.
If you have any questions, we’re @sameroomHQ on Twitter.