The Fleep communication service is an alternative to Slack, HipChat, Flowdock, and Glip. Fleep differs from its competitors in a three key ways:
- Fleep has a global user directory—you can connect with any Fleep user by adding their Fleep ID to a room;
- Fleep works natively with email—you can easily send email to and from Fleep rooms;
- Fleep doesn't yet have the concept of a "team", meaning you have to manually invite everyone to all company rooms. (This is a limitation, not a feature.)
In addition, Fleep currently offers unlimited history search to any number of users, for free.
As mentioned above, Fleep natively interoperates with email, but nothing else.
Therefore, if you're split between conversations on Fleep and Hangouts chat, you have to constantly switch between apps.
Instead of switching, you can bridge a Hangouts chat to a room in Fleep, thanks to the Fleep integration with Sameroom. Setting this up is straightforward.
First, make sure you've got a Fleep room ready—create a new one, if necessary. Then, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Add you Fleep and Google accounts to Sameroom;
- Step 2: Open a Tube between your Fleep room (Side A) and Hangouts chat (Side B).
We're @sameroomhq on Twitter, if you have any questions or comments about the integration.